Monday, May 12, 2014

Dusty Pages: Meet A Writer Monday

Hey, meet me over at Dusty Pages: Meet A Writer Monday!



1. Tell me about your book “Tears of Heaven” and where you got your inspiration for it?

No reason.  Just a lolz cat.
While living in Michigan, I experienced first-hand Devil’s Night, literally. Satan hisownself appeared in a cloud of brimstone and green-tinged fire while I was walking in downtown Detroit around midnight. No horns, no tail, no red skin or a mouth of fire. It was Gabriel Macht. Literally, Harvey Specter straight out of “Suits”. He had a proposition for me. I’d seen enough movies to know that you don’t deal with the devil, certainly not on his night in his town. But the term “once in a lifetime” kept whispering to me, so there I was. He wanted me to tell the “real story” of angels and demons. He gave me unfettered access to his library and some minor demons for research assistants, pointed out a few forbidden grimoires that had turned some Arabians half-mad, and turned me loose to compose a fictional account, but based on actual events.

What I came across was the story of the Nephilim. These are half-human, half-angels who live and dwell among us, but don’t draw attention to themselves. At one point, they were allowed to lead their own lives. But they proved too strong, too ambitious, and too cunning for their own good. They became warlords, conquerors and emperors, causing war and strife until the Throne stepped in and forced them to submit to Its will, or die. Now, they work for the Throne, defeating rogue demons whenever they appear. Del, one of the first Nephilim, had no interest in conquest and domination. In the ancient past, prior to the Throne’s interdiction, she met and fell in love with Dami, a Mediterranean ship captain and trader. Together, they faced down pirates and storms and tried create a future together. In the present, two-thousand years later, Del unwillingly works for the Throne, helping to keep the world safe from the horrors of escaped demons. But what has been the cost of all those years?




 



No comments:

Post a Comment