Monday, January 27, 2014

Writer Versus Author



Suck it Geroge R.R. Martin!

There is a fine line between a writer and an author.

A writer puts pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and crafts stories from the waves of inspiration, slammed upon him or her by the muses of creativity, who buffet their fragile forms with an inescapable and relentless parade of plots, dialogue, characters, and exposition.

An author gets paid.

I regret to inform my friends and family that I am not longer a writer.  I am an author.  I am receiving what are technically “royalties” but what would otherwise be considered a rounding error to most other authors.

Still, a check is a check.  That’s inspiration right there.  If by “inspiration” you mean “beer money”.

I love me some beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment