Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Lovely 5-Star Review for Tears of Heaven

Does size intimidate you?
While perusing a friend’s review on another book (The Black Count by Tom Reiss), I came across the beautiful review by Maria Kay of Tears of Heaven which really made my day:

"All potholes lead to Rome!"

This fantasy adventure is filled with colorful characters, comedy, and it references all my favorite movies and television shows. Ok, most of them. This author has a brilliant sense of humor and a talented grasp of dialogue.

“By Hera’s toenails…”

This novel chronicles a long lifetime, switching from the past, circa 221 BC to modern day. The story follows the life of Water Lily AKA Del, a seven-foot woman sold as a slave. Our unlikey heroine is not helpless. Her pirate shipmates are convinced she is Ares in female form. Her origin is a mystery; her power is awesome.

Eventually, the timeline from the past catches up with the plotline of the future. All is revealed in the last twenty-five percent of the book in a twisted mind bender. I love stories with a strong female character, and Del does not disappoint. I expected glorious fight scenes and battles on the high seas. I was surprised to find a beautiful love story. Well done. The book is rightfully named Tears of Heaven. It ends with an intriguing cliffhanger. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.


It’s so great when your own particular humor and entertainment background mesh with a reader’s.  Thank you Maria!

I think I’ll go run five miles now!

No comments:

Post a Comment