Thursday, September 11, 2014

Interviewed by Fiona McVie



I was interviewed today, and here’s a brief teaser.  Please click the link and check out the entire thing.  I assure you, it is worth your effort:

Fiona: Tell us your latest news?
I keep having this dream where I'm an author . . .

The plans for world domination are in motion, but I really shouldn’t talk about that publicly.  It’s supposed to be a surprise.  “Tears of Heaven” will shortly have a follow-up, “Hell Becomes Her” which will follow Del as she faces a myriad of challenges.  She’s a mother now, but she also still has her “day job” of defending humans from the evils of demon-kind, and there are other dangers lurking.  Look for that in 2015.  “The Second Cut” takes up the story of Tomoe Gozen, the only female samurai, where history left off.  Following the defeat of her lord, Tomoe must complete her last duty while an army of samurai try to stop her.  There are some other projects that are in the works, but they’re “top secret” for the moment.

Fiona: When and why did you begin writing?

Boredom.  In first grade I was completing some sentence structure assignments, and it seemed silly to waste the opportunity, so I turned each sentence into a line for a story.  I wasn’t aware there were writers who did this kind of thing for a living.  Telling the story, though, was fun.

Fiona: When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Everyone is a writer.  Short story, or poetry or even elegant tweet.  We’re all writers.  I wrote was a play called “The Day the Robots Made Time Stand Still”.  I was ten and wrote it with my friend, Danny Nowicki.  It featured two young, but incredibly clever and talented boys who were humanity’s last hope when robots took over and made time stand still.  Unfortunately, financing for the play fell through, and when we started arguing over movie rights, our partnership came to an end.

Fiona: What inspired you to write your first book?

Any world where dragons can make an appearance.  They don’t have to show up, but the idea that they can?  Please and thank you.  I also like any world where a woman is as strong or stronger that most of the men around.  Personally, I prefer a woman who can go toe-to-toe and sword-to-sword with anyone else.  That probably means my preferred genre is heroic fantasy, but I’ll take urban fantasy, science fiction and even historic fiction off the shelves.

Plenty more where that came from.  Please click this link, enjoy the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment