Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Getting Stronger

I received my editors edits today, and tore through them.  A few minor issues, a bunch of little corrections (I can't believe that I had the contraction it's when it should be the possessive its).  There was some negotiations on a few things, but in the end she saw reason.

By which I mean I did exactly what she said and she considered that reasonable.

I've still got a ton of edits to make, but the entire book feels so much stronger.  It's the difference between an elementary school production and something more high school/college.

Not quite Broadway yet, but the potential is there!



4 comments:

  1. Keep at it, RobRoy. I'm in the same boat (same editor, too), and I couldn't agree more. Race you to the finish line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you both out of the house by Nov 1st, until the next book! And of course I will continue to hound you to the last circle of hell on marketing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I suddenly feel the need to snap to attention and salute? ;)

      Yes ma'am. Rightawayma'am!

      Delete