Friday, June 7, 2013

Fingers Crossed Again!

Wow!  What a day.

So, this morning when I got into my office, I had an email waiting for me.  The publisher that I submitted “Tears of Heaven” to has requested the first three chapters.  That’s better than a rejection, but not quite as good as a million-dollar contract with signing bonus.

That is how the publishing world works, right?

No matter how polished and professional my publishing package is (nice alliteration, right?), it can always be better.  It’s well worth a few hours of time (at least!) to go through and make certain all the I’s are crossed and the T’s are dotted.


So, fingers still crossed!

5 comments:

  1. Getting anyone to respond to anything is a big win. Congrats, and I hope it goes somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I shopped this same story about five years ago, and only got one little nibble that amounted to nothing. This is far and away that best news I've ever had as an author, even if it goes no further.

      Delete
  2. this is GREAT news! can't wait to see this thing in paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write in English! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, English. Hadn't thought of that. Excellent advice. Now where's my Esperanto dictionary.

      Delete