Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Books Go Social Interview

Well, that's what I heard!
Tell us something unexpected about yourself!
Most people see something of a nerdy-guy, which I certainly am. They’re always shocked to find that I have tattoos.

How did you get into writing?
Tolkien’s The Hobbit was given to me as a gift and really opened the castle gates of fantasy to me. Suddenly, there was a whole world of swords, magic and fantastical creatures to meet. Immediately after I finished, I took all the money I had and biked down to the bookstore to buy everything else Tolkien had written. I had no idea I was getting the seminal fantasy series: The Lord of the Rings.
I’m compelled by any world where dragons can make an appearance. They don’t have to show up, but the idea that they can? Please and thank you. I also like any world where a woman is as strong or stronger that most of the men around. Personally, I prefer a woman who can go toe-to-toe and sword-to-sword with anyone else. So my preferred genre is fantasy, but I’ll take urban fantasy, science fiction and even historic fiction off the shelves for those reasons.

What are your top 3 books of all time?
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, A Different Light by Elizabeth Lynn, The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell.

Where did you get the inspiration for your current book?
Straight from the Bible. I was doing some research on demons for a demon-hunter series I was thinking about, when I stumbled on a passage from the Genesis that talked about Nephilim—the children of angels and humans. They were described as giants among the mortals, and there was quite a bit about them that I hadn’t realized was in the Bible, as well as a few of the non-canonical books, like Enoch. From there, it was a short run to a back history of an immortal, doomed from her birth, and forced to work for the highest power there is.

How long did it take you to write this book?
TEARSOF HEAVEN started all the way back in 2000. I finished it and had it ready for publishing in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment