Thursday, May 30, 2019

Old Blue Eyes

Brownest eyes I ever did see!

My youngest is now seven. He’s a solid seven, although he’s known he knows everything since he was about four or five.  He’s not afraid to tell you either, and, like certain politicians, he doesn’t back down when he’s wrong.

A few days ago, when I was feeling less ill, he was telling me how he was born with brown eyes and they changed to blue.  This isn’t true.  He’s always had blue eyes.

He was adamant on this point.

Even offering my eye-witness account of his birth, and seeing his blue eyes for the first time didn’t sway him.  He knew he’d had brown eyes that had changed.

He finally forced me to dig out some baby pictures and, sure enough, he had blue eyes in all of them.

I can’t even tell you how satisfying it is to win an argument with a seven-year-old.

What’s the oddest argument you’ve ever been in?  Tell me in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Not really an argument, but the oddest request I ever got was from this guy who wanted me to Photoshop his kid's eye color in a baby picture. I only mention it because of the striking resemblance betwee--hey, wait just a minute...

    ReplyDelete