Thursday, August 13, 2020

Beneath a Fearful Moon Gets Five Stars

 Aww, thanks Carol!  What a wonderful review of BENEATH A FEARFUL MOON:

Have you ever danced with the Fae
under the fearful moonlight?

I know a lady you really need to meet. I strongly suggest you allow author R. A. McCandless to introduce you to Aubrey Hartmann, a decorated war hero with a wide streak of practicality. She, and her clockwork leg, are well worth your time. The star of two previous novels (which I also recommend, if you are interested) makes her latest appearance in Beneath a Fearful Moon, a beautifully crafted novella that is over far too soon. A creative blending of murder mystery, fantasy lore, and steampunk, this story shows you a world where huge mechanical devices called timberjigs, designed for efficient logging, operate in woods inhabited by the Fae, who certainly do not value human life above all else. Aubrey Hartmann cannot be described as a saint or a sinner, and instead is a compellingly complex lady that… well, that you should meet. If you care to dip your toe into the waters of her world, this novella offers you the chance to do that. But my guess is that you will be left wanting more. I know I do.

Constable Hartmann began life in a short story, and I loved the character so much that I knew she deserved a lot more effort. That’s where THE CLOCKWORK DETECTIVE came from.  I’m so pleased to share this novella as I continue to work on Aubrey’s next full-length novel.

What would you call Aubrey’s next adventure?
Tell me in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Her next adventure? "Aubrey Hartmann and the Banana-headed, Zucchini-eating Dundersquat"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one. Quite unique. I've added it to the list.

      Delete