Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Malta - Azure Window

Obvious tourist is obvious!
A friend of mine, something of a world-traveler, posted a few weeks that Malta’s Azure Window had collapsed into the sea.  I was saddened to hear this, although it’s more of an aesthetic tragedy than anything else.  This prompted me to find the pictures I had taken when I visited Malta nearly four years ago.

At first, thanks to my clever filing system, I wasn’t able to find them at all.  Today, while I was doing some other work for a friend, and inadvertently saving to a completely unrelated file, I found them. Apparently, I was trying to share them with friends and family. 

As Green Day told us:

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it’s worth it was worth all the while

It’s something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.


I'm really thrilled to have these images "back" as it were.  I remember standing there, amid hundreds of other people to have my picture taken.  I would have remembered the image anyhow, but it's very nice "for what it's worth it was worth all the while."

No comments:

Post a Comment