Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Update on Hell Becomes Her Re-Cover

Who says artists and writers can't be friends!?

Today, we’re working on the cover for HELL BECOMES HER and I just love the process with my artist. Most of my responses to her are in all caps and end in exclamation points of extreme happiness.

Julie: Do you like this?
Me: YES!
Julie: What about this slight change?
Me: YES! YES!
Julie: Hmm . . .
Me: YES! YES! YES!!!!111111

Read out loud, it probably sounds like the diner scene from When Harry Met Sally.

I’m ok with this.

An interesting side note about cover art, Amazon has a few restrictions, a few quid pro quos. They’re pretty basic, but I often forget about them. I’m generally looking for semi-realism from the way a character is standing, the clothes he or she is wearing, how they’re managing the weapon, etc.

Restrictions: Guns on cannot be pointed at a character, directed out toward the customer, or handled by a minor

Of course, the model I selected, and purchased, the one pointing her gun right at the viewer!

Fortunately, my artist is awesome, and while it’s some additional effort, it’s not so much that it can’t be managed.

So, we’re still on for re-releasing the recover for HELL BECOMES HER this week, hopefully Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment