Tuesday, July 18, 2017

No Such Thing as a Free Lunch

Sorry!
I accidentally stole my lunch yesterday.

Pressed for time, I zoomed into the drive-thru with one or two or sometimes three eyes on the clock.  Traffic lights and whatnot seemed to know that I had an important meeting to run, and this would be my only shot at lunch.  Even the restaurant crew seemed to be Johnny-on-the-Spot with my order.  The very nice lady handed me my drink and then my food.  She thanked me and wished me a good day, and I thanked her and wished her the same.

Plotting out my return course, I was knuckle-deep into my second mouthful of fries when I realized I hadn’t paid.  I was also a good quarter mile and turning back now wasn’t an option if I wanted to make my meeting.

Arrghhh.  I made it back a few hours later, covered the bill to a rather surprised manager.  But by that point the shift had changed.  Embarrassed doesn’t even cover it.


Here’s hoping no one got in trouble for my speedy getaway.

2 comments:

  1. What? Most places make you pay before they send you to the food window. Clearly this was THEIR mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough. Still, I prefer no one gets in trouble for my rush.

      Delete