Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Beta Reading Henchmen 2


Buy the book.  Buy it!

I read Eric Lahti’s Henchmen as soon as it came out in 2013.  If you like your action fast, your characters flawed, and your urban fantasy dark, then Henchmen is the book for you.

About a week ago, Mr. Lahti asked me to beta his follow up book.  I’ve been a beta reader and reviewer for a number of other folk, but this is truly an interesting experience.  Generally, I don’t have a vested interest in a book that I’m beta reading.  They almost always are outside my genre which is not necessarily a bad thing.  I pay attention to aspects of a writer’s work that the target audience often wouldn’t.

But it’s so damn nice to sometimes get lost while reviewing the draft in characters, setting and plot that appeal to me personally.  This does, however, result in rereading certain sections.  But perhaps that’s beneficial too.

If you need me, I'll be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment