Friday, December 20, 2019

Ringing Out 2019

Did someone say "steampunk"?
Happy Holidays! Seasons Greetings! All that Jazz!

I received an early present from Chanticleer OZMA Book Awards that I wanted to share with everyone. It won’t spoil your festivities!

In the award category for Fantasy Fiction (there’s a sub category for steampunk) THE CLOCKWORK DETECTIVE has made the first cut. I'm out of the "slush pile" and in the running for a major award.

A MAJOR award!

It’s not winning, but after a couple of months of riding the author roller coaster, this was a really nice edification of the work I’ve done. THE CLOCKWORK DETECTIVE is a story that I’m very proud of, and I’m over-the-moon that it’s been recognized as worthwhile. Of course, I’d love to win the award, but just to have made the initial cut as a work that deserves more consideration is a very good feeling.

This might be my last blog for 2019, so here are my wishes for each and every one of you:

Whatever fills you with wonder and good cheer, whatever you find full of meaning and worth, whatever brings you happiness: May it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year.

Also, also—thank you for your support. Thank you for all your kind words, your thoughtful wishes, your likes and shares. Thank you for putting up with me begging and pimping my books. Thank you for helping me be a success.

I’d take you all out for teppanyaki if I had the time and money!

What award are you most proud of?
Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment