Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Rules Are The Rules


A quick note to all my beautiful, talented, intelligent, and gifted friends—That DM from me
The "P" is missing.
And we'd like to keep it that way, too!
asking you to vote for COMPANY OF THE DAMNED was a request. It was only a request.

There was no quid pro quo. The DM was perfect.

I do not, however, buy or trade votes. If you want to support me and my work as an author THANK YOU SO MUCH! If you feel my cover doesn’t deserve your vote THANK YOU SO MUCH! If you don’t want to be bothered with an otherwise meaningless contest THANK YOU SO MUCH! If you ignored the DM because DMs are dumb THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I appreciate all your efforts, large and small.

You’re reading this, and I appreciate that you took the time.

I’m not keeping a list. Marketing is hard, hard work. No one is going to do it for me.

I try really hard to not annoy people with this stuff (I save that for the author page, this blog, the newsletter, etc.). I try very hard to keep the spam to the barest minimum.  Pimpin’ ain’t easy. I appreciate everyone putting up with me.

But for the record: I DO NOT buy or sell votes. I also DO NOT review books “only for a positive review.” I won’t trade your book for my vote, my vote for your book, or any other combination. I think that’s all the combinations there are, but if someone has another one, I probably don’t do that either.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah but...okay.

    I would trade my integrity for yours, though.

    Look at it this way: unelectable conduct is unimpeachable conduct.

    Take your time. Get back to me.

    ReplyDelete